Friday, April 12, 2019

¿Para o Por o Cuatro?


This week - with great help and patience from a few of my Spanish students - I think I’ve finally figured out the differences in use with regards to ‘por’ and ‘para’! This is really big for me OK? So please, don’t play reductionist or take that away from me.

I taught my observed lesson this morning, I was very happy with it; I received some incredibly helpful and constructive feedback from Emile that’s going to prove invaluable when it comes to planning in the future.

Hopefully I’m not going to deep here but, hey, it’s Friday and I’ve got a little time so I’ll reference some quantum physics all the same: ‘The observer effect is the theory that simply observing a situation or phenomenon necessarily changes that phenomenon.’

And so, should anyone read this prior to having their lesson observed, the only advice I feel to be organic, true and honest would be to “be yourself completely”, don’t change any aspect of who you are – intrinsically and naturally - for the perceived benefit of another individual; teach the students like nobody is watching and don’t let the observers change your phenomenon!

No comments:

Post a Comment