Sunday, March 17, 2019

It’s Sunday, our day of rest. 

This week we’ve refreshed our classroom skills, learned a bit of Spanish, bruised our knees by flipping over plastic cones in a gym, watched helplessly as our colleagues pretended to have a heart attack (or angina; you have to wait five minutes to find out which one it is, but call the ambulance any time you like), and listened to Susan’s witticisms.

Tomorrow - Monday - we’ll be in the classroom again and then in the evening it’s packing up to head to Spain (at 3:30 in the morning!). I’m very excited. I’ll be sleeping on the coach, I’m sure, and maybe on the plane, although I think I’ll be too excited to sleep by that point.

This week has been super helpful and a lot of fun, even if the days are long. Today I slept in longer than I usually do on the weekend, and woke up to read on the WhatsApp group that Tom had suggested a couple of peeps go for a run this morning. He’s mental. He does run up mountains though, so each to their own.

I’m still feeling pumped about going to Spain, and, as cheesy as this may sound, I’m pumped that the fifteen other teachers going to Spain with me are all sound.


Very soon, it will be Adios Inglaterra and Hola España!

1 comment: