Monday, March 18, 2019

The start of something special...

I arrived in Chester last Tuesday incredibly nervous, anxious and excited for what lays ahead. It's difficult to comprehend the opportunity which my new friends and I have been afforded, and I couldn't be more grateful for it. To not have to pay a penny, be looked after and trained by amazing, talented and friendly people, put up in fantastic accommodation and fed three hearty meals a day is unreal. As a newly qualified EFL teacher, and one who hopes to move to Spain to teach, the opportunity to teach in Valencia for the next 4 weeks is beyond belief for me - and with all of the logistics having been taken care of, I couldn't be more grateful. I will give it my all, and will I know that I will have grown so much as a person, and not just a teacher, come the end of it.

 I was lucky enough to be going on this journey with 2 friends already gained from my CELTA course, Emily and Jas, but it's safe to say that in this past week I have gained 13 more and I know that we'll all be there for each other during our time in Spain.

On the first day in Chester, we were asked to write a letter to ourselves to read back at different stages throughout the upcoming 5 weeks. Today, I read the letter back for the first time and had written that I hoped to consolidate old skills, learn new ones and have fun along the way - after 7 days I can definitely say so far so good!

Here's to the next 4 weeks!

It's no doubt the start of something special for all of us.




No comments:

Post a Comment