Saturday, March 23, 2019

One week in Montcada


Having now lived in Montcada for almost one week, I can say with confidence that I’m going to enjoy my time spent living here with the wonderfully like-minded and talented teachers as well as the extremely welcoming, patient and genuine local inhabitants. Streets awash with oranges from trees that hang heavy in abundance; azure-clear skies help provide an environment conducive to balancing a mind - unbalanced - with the prospect of cramming in lesson plans, warmers, activities, fillers, lesson plans, CCQs, first-time introductions in broken Spanish and lesson plans – I’m not sure I’ve mentioned those already, forgive me if I have.

I taught my first solo lesson last Friday, March 22nd, as the student's usual English teacher was absent with flu. I enjoyed every minute of the lesson and truly believe the students benefited from and enjoyed it too; however, upon reflection I can see where I’ll need to slow down, take my time and exploit various methods and techniques in the future so as to really teach the students, and not the lesson.

I’m not one for writing these types of things, I don’t ever feel that it’s a true representation of my thoughts nor do I feel it is organic and so hope whomever may read this – and my future writings - can forgive me for my brief and ineloquent prose.

2 comments:

  1. Well it's a disappointment for me if you don't normally write because I was amazed by your eloquence !
    X

    ReplyDelete